Skip Navigation
Browse: Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators
Contact Us| View Cart (0)

Allen Dairy (1885-1975) | Special Collections & University Archives

Name: Allen Dairy (1885-1975)


Historical Note: The Allen Dairy was built by Seveno Allen in 1885. It was originally located in Mission Valley where it remained until 1957, when it was relocated to El Cajon. It was the first commercial dairy to operate in San Diego County, growing to considerable prominence before 1950. In 1975, the last owner, Jack Allen, closed down operations due to rising feed costs, marginal profits, and what he considered to be unnecessary harassment by regulatory agencies. In 1978 a housing development was constructed at the El Cajon dairy site.





Page Generated in: 0.051 seconds (using 113 queries).
Using 7.12MB of memory. (Peak of 7.33MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-3
Copyright ©2017 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign