Skip Navigation
Browse: Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators
Contact Us| View Cart (0)

Aztec Shops, Ltd. (1931-) | Special Collections & University Archives

Name: Aztec Shops, Ltd. (1931-)
Variant Name: Aztec Shop


Historical Note:

San Diego State University's Aztec Shops, Ltd. was incorporated in 1931 for the sole purpose of serving faculty, students, and staff at SDSU. The bookstore and food services originally operated out of a small, temporary headquarters before the current bookstore was built in 1958. The first portion of the dining commons was completed the same year, and replaced the only food service then available on campus. East Commons was added in 1961, West Commons in 1966, and Aztec Center was opened in 1968.

Aztec Shops is responsible for the operation of all on-campus commercial services. It is run by a board comprised of the University President, the President of Associated Students, four members nominated by the University President, and four members nominated by the Associated Students President. As a non-profit corporation, Aztec Shops' earnings are used primarily for providing larger facilities and inventories, as well as purchasing additional equipment.

Note Author: Jennifer Hollander





Page Generated in: 0.059 seconds (using 116 queries).
Using 7.13MB of memory. (Peak of 7.34MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-3
Copyright ©2017 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign