Skip Navigation
Browse: Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators
Contact Us| View Cart (0)

East San Diego Chamber of Commerce (1912-1915, 1933-1963) | Special Collections & University Archives

Name: East San Diego Chamber of Commerce (1912-1915, 1933-1963)
Variant Name: East San Diego Civic League


Historical Note: The East San Diego Chamber of Commerce was first established on December 31, 1912, to " . . . advertise the resources and advantages of East San Diego, health, business, altitude, even climate; to unite and maintain close relations with San Diego Chamber of Commerce and work in conjunction therewith." The last recorded meeting of this body was February 25, 1915. A new body was organized on March 11, 1925 after the annexation of the city of East San Diego to the city of San Diego, resulting in the current neighborhood called City Heights. This body was called the East San Diego Civic League, and met until April 25, 1927. Its purpose was to "further the improvement of the eastern section of the city and surrounding localities." A new organization under the name of East San Diego Chamber of Commerce began meeting in 1933 to promote "commercial and civic welfare in the northeastern section of the city of San Diego." This body was active until 1963.





Page Generated in: 0.061 seconds (using 122 queries).
Using 7.14MB of memory. (Peak of 7.36MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-3
Copyright ©2017 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign